Andy Warhol Pop Art for Kids
Andy WarholBiography > Art History
- Occupation: Artist, Painter, Sculptor
- Famous works: Campbell's Soup Cans, Moonwalk, Marilyn Monroe, Che, Eight Elvises
- Style/Period: Pop Art, Modern Art
Where did Andy Warhol mature?
Andy grew up in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania the child of a construction worker. His delivery name was Andrew Warhola. When he was 8 yrs old he caught a liver illness that caused their limbs to sometimes spasm uncontrollably. While recuperating their mother, an embroiderer and singer, taught him to draw. He was a quiet and bashful kid, but loved attracting, photography, and movies.
Whenever Andy was fourteen, his parent died from liver disease. Their father considered Andy the brightest of his children together with conserved cash for Andy to go to university. When he graduated from senior high school, he went along to Carnegie Mellon University to examine art.
After graduating from university, Andy relocated to nyc in 1959 to help make their name as a musician. Andy became a really successful commercial singer. Using one of their first tasks their title in credits was misspelled "Warhol" instead of "Warhola". Andy liked the name and made a decision to ensure that it stays.
Within the after that ten years Andy performed very well being employed as a commercial artist. He won awards for their work and ended up being recognized for his unique design. However, Andy wished to do more with his art. He wished to make a move new and various.
In 1961 Andy created the thought of utilizing mass-produced commercial items in the art. He called it Pop Art. However make use of commercial pictures and reproduce them repeatedly. One early exemplory instance of it was a set on Campbell's Soup cans. Within one artwork he had 200 Campbell's soup cans repeated again and again. Andy often used silkscreen and lithography to produce their pictures.
Highly Successful People
Andy in addition utilized images of celebrities. He would duplicate similar portrait again and again, but utilize different colors and impacts in each photo. A number of the famous people he previously as subjects include Marilyn Monroe, Che Guevara, Mao Zedong, and Elizabeth Taylor.
Andy shortly became an extremely famous star himself. He exposed an innovative new studio called "The Factory". He not merely labored on his art here, but had large parties with rich and famous people. It became among cool places to stay in nyc. Andy has also been selling plenty of his art.
Andy was a new particular artist. Although designers focused entirely on their art with no fascination with personal popularity or fortune, Andy wanted to be rich and famous. Some musicians accused him of making art to make money. However, most images he created have become iconic in US tradition. Their paintings have grown in value too. One of is own portraits called Eight Elvises marketed for $100 million in 2008.
Despite having made a lot of money from his art, Andy could be credited with bringing art to your public. He'd mass produce prints of their art therefore it ended up being inexpensive to everyone.
Interesting Information About Andy Warhol
- His delivery date was never ever recorded at a medical center. Andy liked to improve their birthday celebration while making up stories about their childhood when doing interviews utilizing the hit.
- He when stated that "good company is the very best art."
- He was also thinking about film and music. He produced around 60 movies and supported a band called the Velvet Underground. One of his movies had been a 6 time movie of his buddy sleeping labeled as rest.
- Andy ended up being shot three times in the chest by feminist Valerie Solanis and almost passed away on Summer 3, 1968.
- He passed away inside hospital after surgery on his gall kidney.
- His parents had been immigrants from Slovakia.