Pop Art Andy Warhol Facts
2. The empty right-hand part of Warhol's Silver motor vehicle accident (two fold tragedy) mimics the busting of a strip of projected film and also the loss in awareness upon demise.
3. In 1964 the Castelli Gallery revealed Warhol's Flowers show, a theme the singer selected simply due to the fact art dealership Ileana Sonnabend sensed ny enthusiasts' resistance to his early demise and Disaster paintings, which had been very popular in European countries.
13. 210 Coca Cola Bottles was initial Warhol work to pass the $1-million mark at Sotheby's, hammering down at $1.4 million on 2 May 1988.
Andy Warhol before two paintings from his Marilyn series. Photograph by Donald Getsug
14. Warhol's 1988 property sale at Sotheby's netted $25 million for then-fledgling Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts – including nearly $250, 000 for Warhol's assortment of 175 porcelain cookie jars.
15. In November 2009, 200 one-dollar Bills became the top-selling Warhol work previously auctioned at Sotheby's, fetching $43.8 million, above three times the high estimation of $12 million.
16. Warhol initially painted Double Elvis (Ferus kind) in 1963 for a program in the Ferus Gallery in Los Angeles, in which manager Irving Blum cut and stretched the fabric himself.
Andy Warhol's Self-Portrait, 1986 sold at Sotheby's in 2010 for $32.6 million.
18. In 2010, a 1986 purple Self-Portrait set the record for Warhol self-portraits with regards to offered for at Sotheby's for $32.6 million.
21. Two Warhol works well with sale into the Contemporary Art Evening sale share a car-crash theme – the main topic of Liz no. 1 (Early coloured Liz) played a personality whom dies in a car accident on film, 5 fatalities on Turquoise portrays the aftermath of a deadly collision – and a provenance, having both been owned because of the art dealer Ileana Sonnabend.